Penn provides many resources to help students thrive in graduate school. All can be found at the Graduate Student Center Resource page. The University's HELP Line 215-898-HELP (4357) is a 24-hour-a-day phone number for those who are seeking time sensitive help in navigating Penn’s resources for health and wellness.

Student Life & Wellness

For New Students

  • Thrive at Penn consists of introductory modules on Academic Integrity, Health & Wellness, and Violence Prevention, delivered through Canvas to all first-year graduate and professional students.

  • New Grad Student Orientation includes information sessions, tours, and resource fairs designed to acclimate all new grad students to Penn and Philadelphia.

COVID-related resources

Student Government

Emotional & Physical Wellness

  • Wellness At Penn:

  • Student Health Service (SHS) Primary Care section offers evaluation, initial treatment and follow-up care for acute injuries and illnesses, provides care for chronic health problems, dispenses selected prescription medication, administers routine and travel immunizations, provides screening and preventative health services, and coordinates outside medical care that students need. Women's Health provides well-women care, including annual exams, contraceptive management, and treatment and counseling for sexual and reproductive health concerns.

  • Campus Health Initiatives is the public health branch of Student Health Services that seeks to improve health and well-being across campus through advocacy, education, programming, and action.

  • Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) provides professional psychological and psychiatric services to students who are having personal problems involving social, emotional, academic, or career issues.

  • Penn Violence Prevention aims to prevent sexual violence, relationship violence, and stalking on campus, by ensuring students have access to resources, and by providing preventative education focused on building healthy relationships, understanding consent, and being an active bystander.

  • The Department of Recreation offers virtual programming, intramural sports, on-campus fitness facilities, informal recreation, sports clubs, group exercise classes, personal training, massage therapy, and outdoor adventure trips. All full-time students who pay general fee have access to on-campus fitness facilities which include an Olympic sized pool and co-ed sauna, Juice Bar, locker/shower facilities, and classes led by certified Personal Trainers.

Diversity and Inclusion Organizations for Graduate Students

Engineering-Specific Organizations

Campus-wide Organizations for Graduate Students

  • The Graduate Student Center offers free coffee and tea, rooms for reservation, academic support programs, and personal enrichment activities.

  • The Family Resource Center is a hub for information, resources, activities, and advocacy for students with children.

  • Greenfield Intercultural Center promotes intercultural awareness and cultural competency workshops to help prepare Penn students to be thoughtful global citizens and leaders.

  • La Casa Latina focuses on building a unified community by working with LaGAPSA, students, faculty, staff, and alumni.

  • Latin American Graduate & Professional Student Assembly (LAGPSA):

  • The LGBT Center offers educational programs and mentoring, and supports student organizations including Lambda Grads.

  • Makuu, the Black Cultural Center, serves as a cultural hub for campus activities, activism, and personal, professional, and academic growth.

  • Pan-Asian American Community House (PAACH) is a hub of academic, personal, and professional growth for students interested in Asian American culture and the Asian American Diaspora.

  • Penn Black Graduate Student & Professional Student Assembly (BGAPSA):

  • Penn Women's Center aims to understand and address the continuing and evolving needs of all women at Penn.

(If you do not see a program that should be listed here, please let us know at ).

Academic Support Resources

Reporting Concerns

Recognizing that there are many options here that may be confusing to a student, Penn provides several Confidential Campus Resources that can help students sort through options and decide whether and how to make a formal report. These include:

Any student at the University who feels that he or she has been discriminated against by an individual or office acting for the University or that the University is not complying with the requirements of Title VI, Title IX, or the Rehabilitation Act, has a right to register a complaint and seek redress of his or her grievance, following our Student Grievance Procedures. Academic, administrative, and employment grievances are also covered. The University has a number of other applicable policies and procedures including a Policy Against Retaliation, Alcohol & Drug Policy, and Sexual Misconduct Policy. For a full list of University policies and regulations, visit

Students wishing to provide general information and impressions about their academic programs can fill out the
Graduate Group Feedback Form.

Students wishing to initiate a complaint against a member of the Penn community for sexual misconduct -- which includes sexual harassment, sexual violence, relationship violence, and stalking – should contact the
Associate Vice President for Equity and Title IX Officer (AVP). See the Sexual Misconduct Policy, Resource Offices and Complaint Procedures for more information. Penn Violence Prevention provides support and information about options for reporting sexual misconduct.

Students wishing to lodge an official complaint of discrimination and/or retaliation can pursue either formal mediation or a formal complaint of discrimination and/or retaliation through the
Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs. Affirmative Action maintains a Complaint of Discrimination, Harassment and/or Retaliation Form. Individuals also may report having been treated in a biased or discriminatory manner by completing a Bias Incident Reporting Form. This form may be used to report incidents of bias involving Penn students, faculty, or staff. You are not required to provide your name or contact information. Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent possible.

To report a student engaged in other types of conduct violations and/or academic integrity violations, contact the
Office of Student Conduct, which is responsible for matters of student discipline.

The Office of Student Conduct's
Mediation & Conflict Resolution Program helps Penn students who are involved in a personal dispute (for example, a relationship, house mate, or group conflict) resolve the conflict by using a variety of conflict resolution tools, including mediation.